Portuguese citizens residing (even temporarily) in this consular area must register in the Consulate, as a precondition for their consular protection and to obtain Portuguese documentation.
To register, the following documents are required:
- Valid Portuguese ID card (Bilhete de Identidade) or Citizen Card (Cartão de Cidadão);
- Portuguese Passport (not mandatory but recommended)
- 1 photo, updated and in colour;
- For minors 10 years old and younger, who might not have a valid Portuguese ID card /Cartão de Cidadão, a “Cédula Pessoal”, a birth certificate.
- Proof of address within the Consular Jurisdiction Area
There is no cost associated with the consular registration.
All customers who need consular attention are required to timely contact the Consulate, requesting appointment for a date and hour available. All information about procedures and documentation to be submitted will be provided, as well as expected costs.