Normal residence means the place where a person usually lives, at least 185 days per calendar year, due to job-related circumstances, or otherwise, because of other personal ties with the community where that person lives.

  • Meaning of "Resident": for application of several legal statutes, the concept of resident may be variable.

For exemption from duty (IA) with respect to persons residing in third countries (ex.: the U. S. A.):

  • Usual residency requirement for at least 12 months.
  • Documents to be submitted

The applicant must be present at the Consulate and submit the citizen card / ID card, indicating “United States” as the country of residence, and further documentation to certify the facts (i.e. for banking purposes: letter proving his/her work for more than 6 months).

Mail: Stamped, self-addressed envelope (certified or express mail, FEDEX, UPS, etc.). If the document  is to be mailed to you once  is ready.

All customers who need consular attention are required to timely contact the Consulate, requesting appointment for a date and hour available. All information about procedures and documentation to be submitted will be provided, as well as expected costs.

tel: 202-332-3007

  • Share